Mayra Saborio, PT, DPT, CHT
Owner and Doctor of Physical Therapy Certified Hand Therapist
Hometown: Newbury Park, California
- Doctorate in Physical Therapy from APTA/EIM
- Certificate, Physical Therapy from University of California Northridge
- MS in Physical Therapy from University of California Northridge
- BS in Kinesiology from University of California Los Angeles
Professional Organizations, Honors:
- Physical Therapist, California, September 1991
- Hand Therapy Certification, November 2012
- American Physical Therapy Association- member since 1990
- Therapeutic Associates, Inc./Physical Therapy Scholarship
- University Scholarship-UCLA
- National Honors Society member
- California Scholarship Federation - Lifetime Member
Quick Bio: After graduating from Cal State University Northridge, I completed my internship serving at UCLA in Acute Care, Oasis Physical Therapy, San Diego, Ca in Orthopedics treating professional athletes and Rancho Los Amigo Rehabilitation Medical Center, Downey, Ca in Physical Therapy treating neurological impaired pediatric patients. I received my Certificate in Physical Therapy from Cal State University Northridge in May 1991. I worked for various Physical Therapy organizations in Los Angeles and Ventura County in home health, acute, neuro rehab, and outpatient care since 1991 and purchased California Hand and Physical Therapy in September of 2008. I have many hours of continuing education in hand therapy and have been treating hands since 1995. I am also a manual therapist with extensive training in the Australian and Maitland approaches. I have treated pediatric patients, wound care, sports orthopedic, and neurological injuries. With the completion of my doctorate in physical therapy, I can focus my full attention of meeting all aspects of my patients needs through the direct access program which allows patients to come directly to me for diagnosis, physical therapy needs, and recommendation to physicians and specialists.
Outside Interest: Dancing, sports, travel, working out, doing yoga and playing the piano
Andrea Karr, PT
Hometown: Newbury Park, California
- BS in Kinesiology, UCLA 1985
- B.S in Health Science, CSUN, Dec. 1988
- Cert., Physical Therapy, CSUN, May 1988
- Physical Therapy, California September 1989
- American Physical Therapy Association 1988-2004
- American Council of Exercise since 2004
Quick Bio: With over 15 years in Physical Therapy, Andrea has treated patients of all ages, stages of injury and impairments. After graduation, Andrea began work in Acute Care at Huntington Memorial Hospital in Pasadena. Andrea relocated to Ventura County and continued to treat patients in Acute, Rehab and Out-patient care settings at Saint John's Regional Medical Center in Oxnard as a staff therapist, Acute care supervisor, Manager of PT/OT services and Clinical Specialist. Andrea joined Ca Hand and P.T. in 2012 and provides care at both of our sites. Andrea can provide clinical care for Hands, Neurological, Orthopedic, Geriatric, Pediatrics, Women's Health (Pelvic Floor, Pre and Post Natal) and Wellness and Prevention.
Outside Interests: Family, Volunteer work, Exercise, Reading
James Karr PT,DPT,CSCS*D, CMP
Hometown: Newbury Park, California
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy Musculoskeletal Management, E.I.M Institute of Health, Louisville, Kentucky
- Certification in Physical Therapy, CSUN
- B.S. in Health Science, CSUN
- Certified strength and Conditioning Specialist Distinguished, NSCA
- B.S. Exercise Physiology track/Physical Education, University of Colorado
- Physical Therapist, California 1989
- American Physical Therapy Association 1988, APTA/Orthopedic section 1988,
- Academy of Orthopedic Physical Therapy, National Strength and Conditioning Association.
Quick Bio: James has been involved in Sports Medicine/Orthopedic Physical Therapy since 1981 specializing in runners and runner's injuries and as a P.T. since 1989.
James has extensive training in manual therapy approaches ranging from Cyriax, Australian, New Zealand and Norwegian approaches including an OGI orthopedic residency. James uses an eclectic approach with his patients including pain neuroscience education in collaboration with the patients with the goal to produce improving patient functional outcomes and improving overall healthy lifestyle.
Outside Interests: Family, Volunteering, orthopedic physical therapy and sports medicine, exercise, running, reading and stargazing.
Daniel Lupo, OTR/L, CHT
Hometown: Ventura, California
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy from Loma Linda University, 1984
Quick Bio: When we experience physical trauma and life seems so much more difficult to live, Occupational Therapy can intervene and show you how to move forward. An Occupational Therapy graduate of Loma Linda University in 1984, and Board Certified Hand Therapist since 1991, Daniel has made it my life work to help others put the pieces of their lives back together one day at a time. He understands that no one approach is effective for every individual so he customizes treatment and he works with his patients to provide the best possible outcome for them. As a published contributor, lecturer, and mentor in Occupational Therapy and Hand Therapy, Daniel's patients can be assured they are receiving the most up-to-date treatment and plan of care possible to get them back on track, providing them with meaningful, purposeful activities to meet their goals for recovery. Daniel has provided skilled therapy services for our injured armed service personnel at the U.S. Naval Hospital in San Diego, California, and currently in the Oxnard area, has worked in and with inner city communities in Los Angeles providing rehabilitation care, provided leadership in the private practice community as an administrator in rehabilitation and small business owner for several years. A resident of Ventura, California, Daniel currently serves his local community providing needed state-of-the-art Occupational Therapy and Hand Therapy services.
Outside Interests: Men's group facilitator for local community, riding my bicycle, total nerd for computer gaming, and a SiFi enthusiast "I love the tech."
Andrew Issa (Occupational Therapist) OTR/L
Hometown: Modesto, California
- MS in Occupational Therapy from University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences
- BA in Kinesiology (concentration in Exercise Science, and a minor in Philosophy) from California State University, Stanislaus Licensure:
- Occupational Therapist, California, June 2022
Quick Bio: During his educational journey, Andrew acquired diverse experience in a variety of Occupational Therapy environments - from being an aide/volunteer for an outpatient clinic, to home health, to assisting on the football field with sports-related injuries. His fieldwork included a stint in a workmen's compensation hand therapy setting in Chicago under the guidance of an OT/CHT with 30 years of experience. He has a strong passion for the Occupational Therapy field, and enjoys continually learning, particularly about sports medicine and upper extremity injuries. Outside of the clinic, you can catch Andrew working out at the gym, or stress-watching one of his favorite sports teams. Outside Interest: Hiking, traveling, exercising and watching sports
Joalyn Manalo, PTA, CIMI
Hometown: Oxnard, California
- Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy
- Physical Therapy Assistant, 2007
- Infant Massage Instructor
- Kinesio-Taping Technique
- Neurodevelopmental Treatment for Infants
- Treating the Child with Hypotonia
- Baby Steps: Ambulation for the 0-3 Population
- Gait Training: Cerebral Palsy
Quick Bio: Joalyn has more than 12 years of experience in physical therapy treating both adults and pediatrics. She has great skills in providing wide array of treatment techniques for patients with neurological, genetic disorder, orthopedic and sport related injuries. Joalyn is committed in providing care for her patients and passionate in helping children and their families achieve their child’s highest functional potential. She is also a Certified infant massage instructor providing in-home training for families and expectant parents. Joalyn dedicates her free time with her family and enjoying outdoor activities with her children.
Samantha Brown, PTA
- B.S. in Kinesiology. San Franscisco State University in 1998
- M.S. in Kinesiology from Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo 2000
- Physical Therapist Assistant License from Cerritos College 2005
Quick Bio: I have been a PTA for over 15 years. I was a PTA student at Los Robles Regional Medical Center for 3 months in the outpatient and inpatient setting including cardiac and pulmonary. Upon receiving my PTA license, I took 4 years off to grow my family. When my kids were in school, I worked at Thousand Oaks Health Care for 9 years as well as working with patients in their home. I strive to help patients reach their goals and enjoy seeing the progress they have made.
My hobbies include gardening and growing vegetables, walking my yellow lab named Harley Quinn, cooking, baking and reading. I love to spend time with friends and family, camping and traveling. I have been married for19 years to my best friend in High School and we have 2 daughters. I make every day an adventure, big or small!